Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hmm

Blargh. It's been a long time since I blogged. Life has presented me with great challenges lately. An ailing parent. At least one child that may be heading for an Asperger's diagnosis. The failing "secondary" economy in the area (we live in an area that caters to vacationers) has made things...interesting, as well. That's definitely the word - interesting.

Anyway - a couple of recent discoveries: I loved James Ure's post on Kafka, not so long ago. I always liked Kafka, but I don't remember reading that first poem James includes. In any case, I found the post refreshing. ^_^ Also - I'm currently reading Light Comes Through by Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche. This is a highly readable, slim little volume. I'll have a review soon.

2 comments:

tao1776 said...

I was reading your posts regarding awareness and the challenges that are now facing you. I think that I can say, with a great degree of confidence, that if your level of awareness, your cultivation of awareness, begins to wane due to the mindfulness attacking stress from these "challenges" your clarity, your ability to flow WITH these difficult times will atrophy due to non-use. Take it from me. I have gone from the cushion-top to the proverbial gutter and its very difficult to gain enough strength to aright oneself......

EdaMommy said...

A very useful comment.

Thank you! ^_^